Click Star to Rate Post
This post is now Obsolete
Microsoft has had available for alittle while now a beta of their Visual Studio suite which I think is being called: Visual Studio 2010. Below is a simple overview of DotNET 4.0 Beta…
Get low cost Computer and Electronics Here!
Everything you want for your computer and more at Newegg.com.
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4 provides the following new features and improvements:
- The .NET Framework 4 works side by side with the Framework version 3.5 SP1. Applications that are based on earlier versions of the Framework will continue to run on that version. Just a subset of functionality is shared by all versions of the Framework.
- Innovations in the Visual Basic and C# languages, for example statement lambdas, implicit line continuations, dynamic dispatch, and named/optional parameters.
- The ADO.NET Entity Framework, which simplifies how developers program against relational databases by raising the level of abstraction, has many new features. These includes persistence ignorance and POCO support, lazy loading, test-driven development support, functions in model, and new LINQ operators.
- Enhancements to ASP.NET:
- New ASP.NET chart control.
- Improvements in WPF:
- Added support in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) for Windows 7 multi-touch, ribbon controls, and taskbar extensibility features.
- Added support in WPF for Surface 2.0 SDK.
- New line-of-business controls including charting control, smart edit, data grid, and others that improve the experience for developers who build data centric applications.
- Improvements in performance and scalability.
- Visual improvements in text clarity, layout pixel snapping, localization, and interoperability.
- Improvements to Windows Workflow (WF) that let developers to better host and interact with workflows. These include an improved activity programming model, an improved designer experience, a new flowchart modeling style, an expanded activity palette, workflow-rules integration, and new message correlation features. The .NET Framework also offers significant performance gains for WF-based workflows.
- Improvements to Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) such as support for WCF Workflow Services enabling workflow programs with messaging activities, correlation support, durable two-way communication and rich hosting capabilities. Additionally, .NET Framework 4 provides new WCF features such as service discovery, router service, simplified configuration and a number of improvements to queuing, REST support, diagnostics, and performance.
- Innovative new parallel programming features such as parallel loop support, Task Parallel Library (TPL), Parallel LINQ (PLINQ), and coordination data structures which let developers harness the power of multi-core processors.
Click Here for the Framework 4.0 Beta1 ONLY Download Page… – Check further down if you want both the Framework and Visual Studio.NET 2010 Beta1.
Note: It should be noted that the 4.0 download size can be anywhere from 76.7MB to 380.5MB, depending on what’s the computers already has installed. .NET 4.0 will be similar to 3.5 in that it will contain full 2.0 and 3.0, and 3.5 support via a single download.
Visual Studio .NET 2010 Beta1
If your more interested in Visual Studio then check out Microsoft’s overview and click on the download links below..
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and the .NET Framework 4 are the next generation of Microsoft development tools. They work together to accelerate the process of turning vision into reality for the developer. Visual Studio 2010 Professional has been engineered to support the development of applications for Windows, the Web, and Office.
Visual Studio 2010 and the .NET Framework 4 mark the next generation of developer tools from Microsoft. Designed to satisfy the latest requirements of developers, Visual Studio delivers key innovations in the following areas:
Enabling emerging trends
Every year the industry develops new technologies and new trends. With Visual Studio 2010, Microsoft delivers tooling and framework support for the latest innovations in application architecture, development, and deployment.
Inspiring developer delight
Ever since the first release of Visual Studio, Microsoft has set the bar for developer productivity and flexibility. Visual Studio 2010 continues the tradition by significantly improving the experience for all software development roles.
Riding the next generation platform wave
Microsoft continues to invest in the market-leading operating system, productivity applications, and server platforms to deliver increasing customer value. With Visual Studio 2010, customers will have the tooling support that is required to create amazing solutions around these technologies.
For more information about Visual Studio 2010 and the .NET Framework 4, visit the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Web site.
Note: Microsoft has setup a couple different ways to download. The first is download via a ‘Web Install’ and the other is a ISO feature via a 2 Part download.
Click Here to goto the Download Page for Web Install…
Click Here to goto the Download Page for the ISO based downloads…
Remember that all of these downloads are considered Beta1 and therefore you should not make use in production based programming. Youcan, and probably will run into some problems, quirks, and even outright errors. If so, it would be helpful to send the info to Microsoft.